Farm Department Accounts Trainee Role
We are seeking an Accounts Trainee to join our growing Farms Department at our offices in Cwmbran.
The successful applicant will be provided with full funding for their studies along with expenses for any books and material required. Training will begin one year after employment commences.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone at the early stages of their career who has a specific interest in farming and rural businesses. Green & Co have an excellent reputation for training and development of staff, in a friendly and warm environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful Accounts Trainee will be responsible for the many aspects of accounting across a wide range of farming and rural clients.
Key tasks will include, although are not limited to:
- Bank reconciliations from books of prime entry
- Work on the purchase and sales ledger
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Using Excel on a daily basis to update spread sheets and databases
- Using other accounting packages including Sage and Xero
- Answering queries from clients, verbally and written, on a daily basis
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a 2:1 degree
- Be enthusiastic and hard working
- Be able to work on their own initiative but also as part of a team
- Has a proven background / experience in a farming or related environment
- Experience of Sage and Xero is preferable, but training will be given
- Have excellent communication skills
- Committed attitude to a long term career in accountancy
- Willingness to learn new skills and systems
This is a full time position and we operate a flexible working week, gym membership, and have a strong emphasis on work life balance.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with a 39-day holiday package inclusive of bank holidays on offer. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply to work with Green & Co
We are always on the lookout for great staff – so even if we don't have an open vacancy - if your values and goals align with ours, please email your CV indicating the position you are interested in to: Liz@greenandco.com.