Graduate Computer Programmer / Software Developer / App Developer
We are seeking a Graduate Computer Programmer to join our growing team at our offices in Cwmbran.
This person will be responsible for supporting and building a range of business applications, including internal business management tools. You will be required to make decisions and offer technical advice.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key tasks will include, although are not limited to:
- Designing, installing, developing, and maintaining bespoke applications
- Reviewing and updating current systems
- Working closely with staff and Partners
- Investigating new technologies
The successful candidate will:
- Ability to use more than one development language
- Critical thinking
- Keen attention to detail
- Write and maintain software
- Analytical and a strong problem solver
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and numerical skills
- Ability to work on their own initiative without constant supervision
- Excellent organisational and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Passionate, curious, and excited by new technology and want to develop your tech skills continually
- Ability to explain complexities in simple language
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree in IT / Software Engineering / Computer Science
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages, ability to use Access is essential, and knowledge of JAVA is also crucial.
- Be able to demonstrate a commitment to learning and development
This is a full-time position offering £10 per hour. Benefits include free gym membership, regular team building days, and a strong emphasis on work-life balance. We also offer a 39-day annual leave package inclusive of bank holidays.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]