We are seeking a Senior Bookkeeper to join our growing team at our offices in Cwmbran.
We are looking for an experienced individual to join us on a part-time or full-time basis.The salary would then be pro-rata depending on the hours agreed.
This person should be an enthusiastic and motivated professional who copes well under pressure, manages deadlines and works effectively as part of a team.
Preference will be given to someone who has demonstable experience handling bookkeeping and various VAT matters gained in an accountancy practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the successful Senior Bookkeeper will be responsible for the many aspects of bookkeeping and VAT across a wide range of clients.
Key tasks will include, although are not limited to:
- Bookkeeping on Xero software to trial balance level
- Submission of VAT returns through Xero and IRIS VAT filer
- Maintaining fixed assets on Xero
- Assisting the Bookkeeping Manager with administrative duties
- Assisting with the training of junior staff
- Assisting the Bookkeeping Manager in reviewing VAT returns completed by junior staff
- Resolving bookkeeping queries
- Reviewing VAT returns for clients
- Helping clients with bookkeeping and VAT return queries by telephone and email
- Setting up clients on Xero from manual systems and other software
- Reconciling and sorting processes following integrations with Xero
- Dealing with VAT legislation queries
- Dealing with VAT registrations and deregistrations
The successful candidate will:
- Have worked in an accountancy practice
- Experience with different VAT schemes and dealing with VAT queries
- Experience with Xero, Sage 50, IRIS and other software packages is preferable
- Experience with linking payment apps such as Stripe to Xero and reconciling
- Experience with the CIS scheme
- Be able to work effectively in a busy team
- Be able to manage deadlines
- Experience with integrating software apps would bean advantage
In addition to the above, the successful candidate should:
- Be forward-thinking and demonstrate initiative
- Be able to demonstrate a logical and common sense approach
- Have proven verbal and written skills
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to solve problems
- Have a strong eye for detail
- Act with integrity and respect confidential information
We operate a flexible working week and have a strong emphasis on work-life balance.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with a 39-day holiday package inclusive of bank holidays (pro-rata) on offer. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]