Can I Apply for a Grant Through the Kickstart Scheme?
Any organisation, regardless of size, can apply for funding through the Kickstart Scheme.
The job placements created with Kickstart funding must be new jobs. They must not:
- replace existing or planned vacancies
- cause existing employees or contractors to lose or reduce their employment
The roles you are applying for must be:
- a minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
- paid at least the National Minimum Wage for their age group
- should not require people to undertake extensive training before they begin the job placement
Each application should include how you will help the participants to develop their skills and experience, including:
- support to look for long-term work, including career advice and setting goals
- support with CV and interview preparations
- supporting the participant with basic skills, such as attendance, timekeeping and teamwork
Once a job placement is created, it can be taken up by a second person once the first successful applicant has completed their 6-month term.
If you have any questions regarding the support available, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Please note: This article is a commentary on general principles and should not be interpreted as advice for your specific situation