How Do I Find a Kickstart Gateway to Apply for the Kickstart Scheme?
If you’re creating fewer than 30 job placements, a Kickstart gateway can act on your behalf and apply for a Kickstart Scheme grant for you.
- gather information from you about the job placements you’d like to offer
- use this information to submit an online application on behalf of a group of employers
- pass on the relevant payments made by Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to you (for example the young person’s salary)
They may also:
- share their expertise with you to help you onboard and train young people employed through the scheme, for example supporting those with particular disadvantages or working in certain sectors
- provide employability support directly to young people employed through the scheme
You can find a Kickstart gateway here – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/find-someone-to-apply-for-a-kickstart-scheme-grant-on-your-behalf.
DWP have checked these organisations using the Cabinet Office Spotlight Tool. However, it’s important to note that by partnering with one of these organisations, you are not guaranteed to get funding through the Kickstart Scheme.
If you have any questions regarding the support available, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Please note: This article is a commentary on general principles and should not be interpreted as advice for your specific situation