How to Apply for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
If you put employees on furlough, the portal to make a claim through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) is now open.
To make a claim, you will need:
- to be registered for PAYE online
- your Government Gateway user ID and password
- your UK bank account number and sort code
- your employer PAYE scheme reference number
- the number of employees being furloughed
- each employee’s National Insurance number
- each employee’s payroll or employee number (optional)
- the start date and end date of the claim
- the full amount you’re claiming for including employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum pension contributions – (find out how to calculate this here)
- your phone number
- contact name
You will also need to provide either:
- your name
- your Corporation Tax unique taxpayer reference
- your Self Assessment unique taxpayer reference
- your company registration number
You can then make your claim here.
Once you’ve made a claim, you’ll get a claim reference number, and you will receive your balance via Bacs within 6 working days.
You must keep a copy of all records including the amount claimed and claim period for each employee, the claim reference number for your records, and your calculations in case HMRC need more information about your claim.
For more information, please visit the government website.
Please note: This article is a commentary on general principles and should not be interpreted as advice for your specific situation.