I’d like help with tax planning
Contact us for expert advice regarding your taxes
When looking at your tax planning, it’s essential to review the picture as a whole. Failure to plan for taxes can cost you.
You want to pay the minimum amount of tax possible. We want that for you, too. Here are some areas you can review:
- Income Tax Planning – Have you thought about including your family in your business? Are you taking out what you need? Are you taking out too much and paying too much tax? Should you incorporate if you are a sole trader paying too much tax?
- Personal Tax – Are you taking advantage of the allowances and the investment schemes available?
- Capital Gains Tax – Could you purchase and sell assets to take advantage of the CGT allowance?
- Inheritance Tax (IHT) – Have you reviewed your estate plan? Have you thought about utilising the small gift allowance, marriage gift exemptions and gifts for charities?
- Succession Planning – Have you thought about what happens to your business once you retire? Planning for the future allows you to reduce the disruption to your company and minimise your tax.
- Property – You may be able to reorganise the property’s ownership to split the profits more efficiently. A capital allowances review could also highlight some savings.
- Trusts – You may benefit from using a Trust to pass things down to future generations, utilising your lifetime allowance. However, they are complex and separate legal entities, and you need to keep in mind the 10-year charging fee and exit charges.
How can we help?
- Tax Planning – We’ll develop a tax planning strategy for your business that makes sure you retain more profit.
- Research & Development –We can help you with your application and ensure you are claiming the maximum tax relief.
- Business Restructure – We can advise on the best structure for your business and implement any changes required.
- Implementation of tax-efficient schemes
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) – If you own and sell valuable assets, such as additional property, you may need to pay CGT on the profit. We can do the calculations for you or tell you if the asset is exempt.
- Profit Extraction – We can ensure you receive as much cash in your pocket as is tax-efficient.
We are constantly reminded that planning is the key to business success. ‘Failing to plan,’ the saying goes, ‘is planning to fail.’
At Green & Co, we pride ourselves on reducing our clients’ overall tax liabilities by carrying out effective tax planning and considering interactions with other taxes, such as Inheritance Tax. Please get in touch with us today if you’d like to discuss your situation.
Ensure your accounts and taxes are managed properly. Contact us to get professional and experienced advice from our team.
Sign up to our newsletter
Once a month we’ll send you an email packed full of essential business news and handy tax tips to help save you money.