Is There a Coronavirus Grant Available for Childcare Providers?
Childcare providers including child minders, nurseries, cylch meithrin, crèches and out of school clubs can apply for up to £5,000 to cover loss of income between 1 April 2020 to 30 June 2020.
To be eligible, you need to be registered with Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW).
You cannot get the grant if you have successfully applied for or had funding from the following schemes:
- Business rate grants administered by your local authority
- Economic Resilience Fund (ERF)
- Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS)
- Welsh Government Start-Up Grant
- Third Sector Resilience Fund (WCVA)
- Mudiad Meithrin grant scheme
However, you can apply if you have received funding from the following schemes:
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS)
- Childcare Offer Wales
- Coronavirus Childcare Assistance Scheme (C-CAS)
- Foundation Phase Nursery (FPN) funding
- Flying Start
Applications for the Childcare Provider Grant are open until 31 October 2020. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Find out if you are eligible here – https://fundchecker.businesswales.gov.wales/childcare.
If you are eligible, you will be directed to your local authority website which will tell you how to apply in your area.
If you have any questions regarding the support available, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Please note: This article is a commentary on general principles and should not be interpreted as advice for your specific situation