Pension Auto Enrolment Top Tips
Thousands of British Businesses are starting Automatic Enrolment in the coming 12 months here are our Top Tips for success:
- Don’t ignore the issue – it won’t go away! Also you cannot try to encourage employees to choose not to enrol, it may come back to haunt you.
- Make sure that the Pension Regulator has all the correct contact information for yourself and whoever processes your payroll.
- Find out your Staging Date, as there are daily fines for missing it.
- Assess your workforce to see who is eligible based on their age and earnings. Don’t discount self-employed, contractors or agency workers, check whether you need to consider them also.
- Communication is an essential part of Auto Enrolment. It’s not only about advising the employee of their responsibilities, but also recognising you may need to rely on this as evidence if an employee pleads ignorance further down the line.
- Make sure that all contracts and policies include mention of Auto Enrolment and all of the procedures involved.
- Don’t panic! We have already successfully enrolled many of our clients, and are a phone call away for any advice or help. Automatic Enrolment isn’t going away – and neither are we.
Please note: This article is a commentary on general principles and should not be interpreted as advice for your specific situation.
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net