We are seeking an experienced Bookkeeping Manager / Management Accountant to join our growing team at our offices in Cwmbran.
This person should be an enthusiastic and motivated professional who copes well under pressure, manages deadlines, and effectively manage a team.
Preference will be given to someone who has demonstrable experience handling bookkeeping and various VAT matters gained in an accountancy practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for the many aspects of Bookkeeping and VAT across a wide range of clients.
Key Tasks will include, although not limited to:
- Managing a team of bookkeeping staff
- Attending management meetings and contributing to the strategic planning for the firm
- Provide clients with management accounts information and analysis
- Bookkeeping on Xero software to Trial Balance level
- Submission of VAT Returns through Xero, Iris VAT Filer
- Delivering training to junior staff and mentoring them as they develop
- Reviewing the work of other staff members
- Resolving Bookkeeping queries
- Reviewing VAT returns for clients
- Client bookkeeping/VAT Return queries by telephone and email
- Setting up clients on Xero from manual systems and other software
- Reconciling and sorting processes following integrations to Xero
- VAT legislation queries
- VAT registrations and de-registrations
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent working knowledge of Xero
- Good communication skills with both clients and staff members
- Excellent understanding of management figures and how to produce meaningful data for clients
- Proven experience in managing a team and delivering training
- Have experience with different VAT schemes and helping with queries relating to VAT
- Be able to work effectively in a busy team
- Manage deadlines
- Worked in an accountancy practice
- Experience of Sage 50, IRIS, and other software packages
- Experience in linking payment apps such as Stripe to Xero and reconciling
- Experience of CIS Scheme
- Experience in integrating software apps
In addition to the above, the successful candidate should:
- Be forward-thinking and demonstrate initiative
- Be able to demonstrate a logical and common-sense approach
- Have proven verbal and written skills
- Demonstrate an ability to solve problems
- Have a strong eye for detail
- Act with integrity and respect confidential information
This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary of £30,000. Benefits include free gym membership, regular team building days, and a strong emphasis on work-life balance. We also provide 42 days of holiday, inclusive of bank holidays.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.