Due to retirement, award winning firm of accountants Green & Co are seeking an experienced Senior Tax Manager to head their tax team based in Cwmbran. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, technically skilled, professional individual to join our proactive, forward thinking business.
The successful candidate will have a wide range of experience in corporate, personal and trust tax and should have a flexible professional approach to work.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will report directly to the partners and duties will include:
- Efficient management of the Tax Department
- Ensuring timely submission of all forms and documents
- Take responsibility for accuracy of work undertaken within the tax team
- Helping to develop and progress the junior tax team members
- Ad hoc assignments connected to tax planning advice
- Manage a portfolio of clients dealing with all aspects of their tax affairs
- Deal with HMRC forms and reporting requirements e.g. forms PIID, CT61, etc.
- Checking corporation tax and trade computations
- Ad hoc tax planning advice
- Assisting with training of junior staff
- Various other duties appropriate to the role including monitoring deadlines for completion of work
The successful candidate will be qualified by experience in all areas of corporate, personal and trust tax work gained within a practice environment. CTA and ACCA qualifications are advantageous but not essential.
In addition to the above the successful candidate should:
- Be forward thinking and demonstrate initiative
- Be able to demonstrate a logical and common sense approach
- Have proven verbal and written skills
- Demonstrate an ability to solve problems
- Have a strong eye for detail
- Act with integrity and respect confidential information
- Hold a full, clean driving license
In addition to the salary which will be commensurate with experience we offer amongst other benefits a 42 day holiday package inclusive of bank holidays, flexible working and free gym membership.
The firm has a culture of promoting work life balance and actively discourages working unnecessary long hours believing it possible to further your career and still maintain a good work life balance.
If you would like to apply for this role please submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.