We are seeking an individual to join our growing team, initially as assistant Tax Manager with progression to Tax Manager within 18 months. The position has arisen due to the pending retirement of the current Tax Manager in early 2020.
The successful candidate will have a wide range of experience in corporate, personal and trust tax and should have a flexible professional approach to work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of clients dealing with all aspects of their tax affairs
- Deal with HMRC forms and reporting requirements e.g. forms PIID, CT61, etc.
- Checking corporation tax and trade computations
- Ad hoc tax planning advice
- Assisting with training of junior staff
- Various other duties appropriate to the role including monitoring deadlines for completion of work
On progression to Tax Manager the successful candidate will report directly to the Partners and duties will include:
- Efficient management of the Tax Department, managing a team which currently consists of three staff members
- Ensuring timely submission of all forms and documents
- Take responsibility for accuracy of work undertaken within the tax team
- Helping to develop and progress the junior tax team members
- Ad hoc assignments connected to tax planning advice
The successful candidate will be qualified by experience in all areas of corporate, personal and trust tax work gained within a practice environment.
In addition to the above the successful candidate should:
- Be forward thinking and demonstrate initiative
- Be able to demonstrate a logical and common sense approach
- Have proven verbal and written skills
- Demonstrate an ability to solve problems
- Have a strong eye for detail
- Act with integrity and respect confidential information
- Hold a full, clean driving license
If you would like to apply for this role please submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.