Green & Co are one of the very first accountancy practices in Wales to be accredited and licensed by the ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) to provide a probate service.
Previously a service reserved for solicitors and the legal departments of the major banks, we can work with you make the process as stress-free and efficient as possible.
As your accountant, we will have already developed a close relationship and our in depth knowledge of your financial affairs will help to ease the probate process. It is likely that we are already dealing with a wide range of your personal financial matters which may include inheritance tax and estate planning. Drafting wills and dealing with probate on death is a natural extension to this service.
Our probate service will include:
- Compiling details of the deceased’s assets and liabilities
- Obtaining professional valuations
- Completing the inheritance tax (IHT) accounts and forms
- Claiming appropriate IHT reliefs and exemptions and calculating the IHT payable
- Applying for and obtaining the grant of representation
- Gathering in or selling the assets of the estate
- Settling the debts of the deceased and arranging for the payment of inheritance tax
- Reviewing potential tax savings through a variation of the Will within 2 years
- Dealing with income and capital gains tax liabilities of the estate
- Paying legacies and distributing assets to the beneficiaries
- Preparing final estate accounts
Our main aim is to make the process as stress-free and cost efficient for you, as possible. If you would like more information on our process or would like to book a free initial meeting, please contact us.