Who Can Register for the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme?
Restaurants and other establishments can now sign up to a new government initiative aimed at protecting jobs in the hospitality industry and encouraging people to safely return to dining out.
You can register if your establishment for the Eat Out to Help Out scheme if:
- sells food for immediate consumption on the premises
- provides its own dining area or shares a dining area with another establishment for eat-in meals
- was registered as a food business with the relevant local authority on or before 7 July
You cannot register:
- an establishment that only offers takeaway food or drink
- catering services for private functions
- a hotel that provides room service only
- dining services (such as packaged dinner cruises)
- mobile food vans or trailers
Please note: This article is a commentary on general principles and should not be interpreted as advice for your specific situation.